Thursday, December 22, 2016

Mulled wine





Random fact about me: I almost never drink. But when I do, very small amounts of alcohol make me drunk.

Random fact number two: in the five years of writing my blog I have never been writing my blog drunk. Well, not until today.

Today was a good day. I went out with my coworkers to the city centre and we were drinking mulled wine. Everybody drinks mulled wine in December, it was delicious. Ljubljana's city centre is just breathtaking pretty. We talked, drank, laughed. Some cowerkers have kids, some don't ... but it was not a topic of today's fun. It was just a perfect day. I wish we could do that more often!

When driving home with with a train, a young man (as I found out later on, he will be 27 next year ;) sat close to me and he started to chat. Later on he invited me for a coffee and I politely replied that it is much better idea to find a young girl for himself. He looked directly to my eyes and said "You will do just fine."  I politely declined.

Funny and cute :)

***
And on top of that, I got three lovely emails today, from South Africa, India and USA. My husband jokes that I am quite an infertility star :)
Thank you for all the emails, I promise to reply by Christmas.

lots of love,

Klara

9 comments:

  1. You would do MORE than just fine, but your DH might have something to say about that! What a nice boost to your ego.

    Glad you had a lovely day with your workmates. Cheers! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was funny to re-read my silly yesterday's post. But I will leave it, I can't be serious all the time.

      dear Mali, thank you a lot for the compliment. Yes, it was a nice boost to my ego.

      When I asked the boy how old he was, he replied by "almost 27". I had to smile, my niece always replies like that: "I am almost 9". He didn't ask how old I was , he just stated: "And you are 35." I smiled and how did he guess. He answered proudly "I can just see that you are 35."

      I was flattered. But guess what - I would never want to be 35 again. I was just in the middle of my horrible IVFs then. I would never ever want to re-live this period of my life again. I am quite happy that I am 43 and that my "fertile" years are over for good.
      love,
      Klara

      Delete
  2. I’m not a big drinker either, but my tasting of mulled wine a few years ago during a European winter made me realise how easy it was to drink, and drink, and drink... maybe the exotic flavours helped along by the fact it was hot made it very easy to quaff down on a chilly winter’s night (and we were outside, in a cave).

    Now See! Good times and conversation can be had without the ‘kids topic’ appearing...

    Oh what a boost to the self esteem! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you have already tasted mulled wine!
      merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. This sounds good and happy. I am glad you had fun and got a nice compliment from a young man, too ;-)!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely evening! Believe it or not, I've never had mulled wine, but I hear great things about it.

    I'm with Mali in her assessment that you would do more than just fine! You cougar you! (cougar is a slang term for older women that attract younger men :)

    Also, I think your drunk blogging is better than my sober blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear BnB, if you ever visit me in winter... this is the first thing I will do, take you to mulled wine tasting.

      I love your blogging, by the way.

      Delete
  5. Aren't encounters like that with good-looking young men a nice boost to the ego?? ;)

    I rarely drank at lunchtime when I was working; I found I was useless for the rest of the afternoon. ;) But I would indulge at after-work parties. And I do like the occasional glass of wine -- white wine in particular.

    ReplyDelete